Read the frying instruction section in the voyager owner’s manual before frying any food.
Below are some saftey tips to follow when frying foods.
• Remember less is best when frying with oil.
• Keep oil level below the disc handles as shown.
• Place and remove food product from oil with a strainer.
• Optimum frying temperature range is 325°F to 350°F (163°C to 177°C).
• Always use a thermometer when frying any food products.
• DO NOT cover cooking vessel with a lid during oil heat-up or frying
• Regardless of thermometer reading, if the oil/grease starts to smoke, turn OFF fuel supply to
the burner and STOP COOKING IMMEDIATELY. This indicates the thermometer is not working
properly. Replace thermometer.
• Wait for oil to cool to or below 115°F (45°C) before pouring into its plastic container. Hot oil can melt the plastic
and cause severe burns or bodily harm.
We were asked to help prepare and cook the food for the 100 years of scouting celebration. Over three hundred and eighty five scouts
attended the celebration in the Albuquerque area. We only needed three Voyager disc cookers to cook up all the food required for the
Scouts. The disc has a capacity to cook 20 pounds of ground beef. In the picture you can see that we added a number 10 can size of
the bush baked beans and with all the other ingredients it barley brought the level of the sloppy Joe mixture to the wall of the disc. It
only required 10 minutes or less to brown the hamburger meat, and 20 minutes at the most to cook the complete sloppy joe recipe.
We had a really fun time supporting the scouts in celebration there 100 years of scouting.